PRIMARY SCHOOL “HAJDUK VELJKO” (1984)


THE SCHOOL WAS OPEN

THE SCHOOL WAS OPEN

The youngest school in Zaječar, formerly known as Primary School "Dobrivoje Radosavljević Bobi" was founded on July 6 and opened on September 7. The building was built from Zaječar workers' contributions.

1984
PRIMARY SCHOOL "TIMOK PARTISANS" FROM ZVEZDAN JOINED

PRIMARY SCHOOL "TIMOK PARTISANS" FROM ZVEZDAN JOINED

The primary school "Timok Partisans" from village Zvezdan became its administrative part, currently known as "Hajduk Veljko-Zvezdan". 

1985
NAME OF THE SCHOOL CHANGED INTO HAJDUK VELJKO

NAME OF THE SCHOOL CHANGED INTO HAJDUK VELJKO

From 1984 to 2004 the school was named after one of the most prominent Zaječar communist leaders and national hero, Dobrivoje Radosavljević Bobi. From 2004 it is named after one of the greatest heroes from the First Serbian Uprising against Ottomans, Hajduk Veljko Petrović.

2004
THE SCHOOL CLOSED DUE TO RENOVATION

THE SCHOOL CLOSED DUE TO RENOVATION

The school was closed due to renovation, and the classes are taking place in other schools in town. 

2019

The youngest school in Zaječar, the primary school “Dobrivoje Radosavljević Bobi” was officially founded on July 6th 1984 due to a rising number of population and the constant lack of schools. The finances for the building were provided by Zaječar workers’ contributions and it was opened on September 7th 1984 in Zaječar neighborhood of Kotlujevac. In 1985 the primary school from the village Zvezdan “The Timok Partisans” (present-day “Hajduk Veljko” –Zvezdan) became its administrative part. Until 2004 it was named after Dobrivoje Radosavljević – Bobi (1915-1984), Zaječar-born national hero, politician and partisan. From 2004 the school carries the name of Hajduk Veljko Petrović (1780-1813), a great Serbian and regional hero from the First Serbian Uprising.

The building was supposed to be built in three stages, nevertheless only the first one was initially finished. Therefore, the school lacked the necessary space for innovative educational program. Some of the existing classrooms had to be adapted in the later years and, next to 18 classrooms, the school finally got a sports hall, library, media library, and computer science rooms. Thanks to the donations of diaspora in Sweden, the new pluming system was built. The building is currently closed due to renovation, and the teaching is taking place in buildings of other schools in town.


SOURCES:

Žarko P. Milošević i Stanko J. Mitić, Osnovno školstvo Zaječara 1830-2003. Istorijski arhiv, Zaječar, 2006.

School Official Web Page: https://hajdukveljkozajecar.weebly.com/

Dobrivoje Radosavljević Bobi, national hero and communist leader after whom the school was named in 1984.

Hajduk Veljko Petrović, lithography by Anastas Jovanović (1852), after whom the school is named today.

Support the renovation and revitalization of public spaces in Zajecar! Donate to the Fund "Obnova"

DONATE
Podelite:

More interesting locations


National Museum 01

NATIONAL MUSEUM ZAJEČAR (1927)

The National Museum building was built in 1927 as a home to the military institute for road design.

Magistrate Court 01

MAGISTRATE COURT (1907)

In 1907, the prominent Serbian architect Petar Popović designed the building of the Zaječar Magistra...

BANK AND KAFANA LOUVRE

BANK, KAFANA AND HOTEL "LOUVRE" (1928)

The building of one of the most famous Zaječar banks from early 20th century, The Commercial Bank "L...

PHOTO PUBLISHED IN NEWSPAPER TIMOK, 1968.

PRIMARY SCHOOL "ĐURA JAKŠIĆ" BUILDING (1960)

Primary school "Đura Jakšić" was founded in 1953 but got its own building in 1960. In the beginning,...